Gala Day 2018
Pittwater RSL FC Gala Day - Sunday 29 July 2018 at Kitchener Park
- all MiniRoos teams U6, U7, U8, U9, W8 & W9 are invited to the Gala Day.
- a perfect day to spend with the entire family on the greens and watch the kids play football
- highlight of the day is the trophy presentation where they all kids are awarded with a participation medal and trophy
- Pink Sock Day: make it count and bring along your pink socks and your gold coins to help raise money for The National Breast Cancer Foundation to support those affected by breast cancer
In between the football games, heaps of entertainment is on offer: jumping castle and a Giant slide, face painting, popcorn machine, petting zoo, sausage sizzle, the popular family picnic area around the football fields and much more.
Don’t miss out attending such a fun event - the Pittwater RSL FC puts always a lot of efforts into making this day spectacular for all participants. A huge thank you goes to the Anglican Church Mona Vale for helping out on the day.
The Committee has agreed to collect gold coin donations for the National Breast Cancer Foundation this year. The Anglican Church Mona Vale will collect Gold Coin donations for WorldVision. Watch out for some special attendees and games that the Premier League will be involved in.
Schedule of the Day:
8am to 9am - Welcome and March-past for Under 6s & under 7s
9am to 12pm - Football games and entertainment for Under 6s & U7s
12pm to 12.45pm - Welcome and March-past for Under 8s, 9s, W8s and W9s
12.45pm - Medals and trophies Presentation for Under 6s & Under 7s
1pm to 4.30pm - Football games and entertainment for U8s, 9s, W8s and W9s. Continued entertainment for U6s and U7s
4.30pm to 4.45pm - March-past winners and awards
4.45pm - Medals and trophies Presentation for Under 8s, 9s, W8s and W9s
5pm - End of the Gala Day
Gala Day Information and Rules
Please click here to view the Gala Day Information and Rules. We will hand out the game schedule and information when you arrive at the Gala Day.
What to bring and what you need
- Pink football socks (please give your manager / coach $10 per pair of sock who can collect the pink socks from the canteen at Kitchener Park in the week starting on Monday 23 July)
- Kids Pittwater RSL FC soccer gear: boots, shorts, tops, shin pads and hats (If your team has a particular Gala theme then feel free to wear themed shirts.)
- Gala day team banner (Get creative prior to the day and bring them along)
- Training Bibs: to wear when you are the away team (available from the canteen if you don’t have your own)
- Picnic rugs and chairs
- Bring your own food and drinks, though the canteen will be open for BBQ lunch and drinks as you wish
- Bring warm clothing for the kids between games and possibly raincoats (fingers crossed)
- Umbrellas (if raining, day will be cancelled around 7am but if isolated showers, the day will continue. Confirm with your team manager first thing in the morning if not sure as SMS will go out to all team managers around 7am if there is any doubt about the day proceeding)
- Camera’s and Videos as there are always some magic shots
- Bring along unwanted football boots, shirts or shorts for a charity collection (Ghana Football Program, more information below)
What to do and plan
Arrive early as the day will start on time with all kids assembled for a March past. Kid’s teams should prepare banners representing their teams, filled with colour and decoration, ready for the Gala Day March Past, finishing with a photo session and prizes being awarded for the best banners of the day at respective Presentation.
Football Round Robin
The Gala day will be a round robin event providing all teams with 4 slightly shortened games against other Pittwater teams. W8 & W9 teams will play 3 games as they will have played in the morning already. Scores will not be recorded and there will not be any winning teams.
Family & Team picnic area
The center of the Kitchener fields will allow teams to set up team picnic areas as a base for kids to return to. Set up team March Past banners, chairs and picnic rugs and make it a central location for your team’s kids to return to in between games and activities.
Canteen and BBQ
The canteen will be open all day for food & drinks. The canteen will be run by volunteers from all teams. The Club will organise a roster per team for the day.
The BBQ will be looked after the Mona Vale Anglican Church who are kindly donating their time as part of the charitable aspects of the day. Feel free to drop a gold coin into the World Vision stand for their assistance. The BBQ will be cooking until approx. 3pm offering low cost sausages, bacon and egg rolls and more.
Each team will get a break in their games schedule for having fun in the jumping castles, face painting (from approx. 9am to 3pm), World Vision games or food. Siblings are welcome to join using the entertainment.
The Club is going to prepare a fun decorated goal area next to the field Kitchener 2 (close where the tennis courts are) for you to take photos of your team. There won't be an official photographer provided by the Club this year so please bring along your camera and phone to take your own photos.
Medals and trophy presentation
All kids playing during the Gala Day will receive a participation medal at the completion of the round robin competition during the Presentation. Each kid of the team will also receive a season trophy which will be also given to those kids who were not able to attend the Gala Day. The team’s manager can pick up the trophies for those not attending the Gala Day from the Club.
End of the Day Packup / Cleanup
At the end of the day the help of parents from U8s, U9s, W8s & W9s would be appreciated. Many hands make light work and it gets dark pretty quick this time of the year. Pack all field nets and poles back to change room. Pickup rubbish and return bins to club house. Packup of the Canteen and Gala set up.
If kids are injured during play, please take them from the field and replace them quickly to allow the short games to continue. Please take anyone injured to the First Aid tent located close to the canteen for medical assistance.
If you have questions or would like to become involved as a supporter or helper please contact Brigitte Petrie on firstname.lastname@example.org