Working with Children
If you have any questions regarding this please contact email@example.com
A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct.
The result of a Working With Children Check is either a clearance to work with children for five years, or a bar against working with children. Cleared applicants are subject to ongoing monitoring, and relevant new records may lead to the clearance being revoked.
The Check is fully portable which means it can be used for any paid or unpaid child-related work in NSW for as long as the worker remains cleared.
The Working With Children Check remains free for volunteers.
Do you need a check?
If you are a volunteer or working for Pittwater RSL FC in 2015 you are required to have a Working With Children Check. Not sure if you need one? Take the short quiz, Do you need a Check?
Some volunteers in child-related work may be exempt from the requirement to obtain a Working With Children Check. See FACT SHEET: Exemptions. Please note that regardless of the exemption all volunteers and workers for Pittwater RSL FC have to complete a Stat Declaration before they start to work. Information on this can be found here.
How to apply
• FACT SHEET: How to apply
• Proof of identity requirements
• Find your nearest NSW Motor Registry, RMS agency, or Service NSW office (not your local Council)
Volunteers and students on professional placement do not pay for the Working With Children Check. If you begin paid work, you will have a maximum of 30 days from the date you receive your first pay to upgrade to a Check for paid workers. A volunteer Check is not valid for paid work.
Getting the results
• Please allow up to four weeks to receive your results
• To find out why your results may be delayed, see FACT SHEET: When will I receive my results?
• If you nominated an email address in your application form, we will email the results to you. Check all inboxes, including your spam and junk mail folders
• If you are cleared, you will receive a WWC number, not a certificate
• You do not need to wait for your WWC number to be verified online. Your employer can use your APP number once you have completed the application process
During verification, your employer can only see your Check status. No information regarding your criminal or work history will be shared.