Sports Injury Claims Procedure

Download an injury claim form here >> The following procedure is to be followed by any insured player to submit a sports injury claim.
  • Download a Claim Form. (can Be downloaded above). These forms are to be completed and returned within 90 days of the injury. (This forms part of the Terms and Conditions of the Policy). For more information, please refer to the JLT website.
  • Please fill out Section B and send to the club president via email here to fill out Club Representative and Association signatures, the form will be returned to you to send the completed form to JLT.
  • You will need the following details to complete the rest of the form
    • Player name
    • Contact number
    • Address
    • Did you register as a student
    • Club (i.e. Pittwater RSL FC)
    • MWFA Player ID number (from your Registration card)
    • Team
    • Type of injury
    • Date of injury
  • If you are claiming Loss of Income Benefits, have your employer complete the relevant section on the reverse side of the claim form, regarding period of incapacity and employment details. Failure to fully complete this section may jeopardise the claim and will cause unnecessary delays in processing. Self employed persons must complete employment details onto a Statutory Declaration, and supply any other requested information relevant to the claim. If you register as a Student you are not entitled to claim Loss of Income Benefits.
  • The physician’s statement is to be completed by your physician only (chiropractors and physiotherapists are not permitted to complete this form). All individuals must consult a doctor immediately after injury, to legitimise the claim. N.B. The policy only responds to paid receipts (no exceptions).
  • Have the club’s VP, registrar or secretary complete the club’s section of the form and return the claim form and physician’s statement, together with any NON-MEDICARE RECEIPTS to the address on the form within 90 days. You do not need to have all your receipts to submit the form or to have stopped receiving treatment.
  • On-going Loss of Income Benefits require new medical certificates every 14 days.
Note: If all receipts are not available within the 90 day period, please send the receipts in after the claim has been lodged. If you are in a private health fund, please present any accounts to your fund firstly and forward the rebate in for assessing. Following this procedure will ensure the maximum benefit and prompt response. Further information can be found on the MWFA website, look under the Insurance menu on the left. MEDICARE ITEMS AND MEDICARE GAP* ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS INSURANCE DUE TO FEDERAL LEGISLATION, i.e. GENERAL PRACTITIONER, X-RAY, ORTHOPAEDIC PRACTITIONER. DO NOT FORWARD MEDICARE RECEIPTS. *Medicare Gap is the difference between the Medicare rebate and the doctor’s or surgeon’s bill. Visit for more information.