Who needs a Working With Children Check?
If you have any questions regarding this please contact secretary@pittwatrrslfc.com.au

Do you need a check?
If you are in child-related work you are required to have a Working With Children Check. To find out whether your work qualifies as child-related, see Who needs the Check? or take the short quiz, Do you need a Check?
Some volunteers in child-related work may be exempt from the requirement to obtain a Working With Children Check. See FACT SHEET: Exemptions.
When to apply
Volunteers and students over 18 on a professional placement will be phased in (PDF 109.3KB) over a five year period, according to industry sector.
Please do not apply ahead of your scheduled phase in date. A large proportion of the applications we have received so far are from people who do not need to apply in 2013, and this is contributing to delays in processing for people who are required by law to apply this year.
How to apply
• FACT SHEET: How to apply
• Proof of identity requirements
• Find your nearest NSW Motor Registry, RMS agency, or Service NSW office (not your local Council)
Volunteers and students on professional placement do not pay for the Working With Children Check. If you begin paid work, you will have a maximum of 30 days from the date you receive your first pay to upgrade to a Check for paid workers. A volunteer Check is not valid for paid work.

Getting the results
• Please allow up to four weeks to receive your results
• To find out why your results may be delayed, see FACT SHEET: When will I receive my results?
• If you nominated an email address in your application form, we will email the results to you. Check all inboxes, including your spam and junk mail folders
• If you are cleared, you will receive a WWC number, not a certificate
• You do not need to wait for your WWC number to be verified online. Your employer can use your APP number once you have completed the application process
Your information
During verification, your employer can only see your Check status. No information regarding your criminal or work history will be shared.