As the club is run by volunteers only, we much appreciate everyone’s support and time – from parents, coaches, managers to committee members. To assist the club with a smooth operation and successful season we have outlined how parents are able to help:
We will ask each team to help us with the canteen duty once per season. The time and day may not be 100% convenient but we please consider that you as a parent would be helping for 2-3 hours one time throughout the season.
Set up and pack down fields
Every time your team is the first or last team to play a game on Kitchener Park or Warriewood Sport Valley (Jackson Road), please assist the manager and coaches with setting up and / or packing down the field equipment. Instructions will be sent to the respective manager and coach in advance. Rest assured it doesn’t take any longer than 5-10 minutes.
Supporting the managers and coaches
Your manager and coach is also a volunteer and dedicates his or her time to ensure a successful and fun football season for your child. Please ensure you acknowledge this and respect their decisions before, during and after the games.
Code of conduct for parents and spectators
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate in sport.
- Focus on the child’s effort, performance and enjoyment rather than winning the game.
- Encourage your child always to play within the rules of the game and respect the referees decision.
- Encourage respect for your team opponent, without them there would be no game.
- Encourage your child to work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship. Never ridicule your child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best from example. Applaud good efforts for each team. Congratulate good performance and skillful plays by all participants regardless of the games outcome.
- Do not publicly question the official’s judgement or their honesty.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal or physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, managers, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Respect rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.